Re: standard and easy way to do schema design

From: Helma <bad_elefant_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 04:44:03 -0700

On Aug 15, 1:30 pm, sybrandb <sybra..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 15, 1:08 pm, Summercooln..._at_gmail.com wrote:
>
> > I wonder instead of just brainstorming, there probably is
> > a very standard and a simple way to do database schema design.

Yes, the way is indeed simple. First, read books like "Handbook of Relational Database Design"

http://www.amazon.com/Handbook-Relational-Database-Candace-Fleming/dp/0201114348/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/102-3307099-5856116?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1187036320&sr=1-1

After that, you need a few month of making mistakes. After that, things become very standard and simple - just as with writing software in general >-:) Received on Wed Aug 15 2007 - 06:44:03 CDT