Re: unable to edit procedures

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 08:16:39 -0700

Karnash wrote:
> hi, we have Oracle 10g db on Solaris. All of a sudden the developers
> are unable to edit the procedures in the db. Nothing is changed and I
> restarted the db and still the same. So I shutdown, then in mount
> stage I issued alter database open read write. But still the
> developers are unable to edit the procedures. I logged in as sys and
> the same thing. Can anyone please advise. Thanks

Three thoughts.

  1. No one can or has ever been able to edit a procedure in Oracle. Define your terms.
  2. No one can or should ever make changes on production: Especially developers.
  3. I am really hoping that either English is not your first language or that you are not the DBA. -- Daniel A. Morgan University of Washington damorgan_at_x.washington.edu (replace x with u to respond) Puget Sound Oracle Users Group www.psoug.org