Re: Insert multiple rows with a single statement

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 12:51:54 -0700

On Aug 10, 2:12 pm, Sashi <small..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> All, does PL/SQL support inserting more than one row with a single
> statement, similar to what mySQL has? I looked around but couldn't
> find anything regarding this.
>
> I'm assuming that a single insert to insert, say 10,000 rows would be
> faster than 10,000 insert statements and it seems funny that multiple
> insert is not supported.
>
> Thanks,
> Sashi

What, exactly, are you referring to? An insert into .. select ... can insert any number of rows at a single 'shot'; PL/SQL provides bulk collect and forall to allow bulk processing; you can use SQL*Loader to bulk load data from a flat file; an external table can also be used to provide access to the first insert method I mentioned.

When you provide a much clearer picture of what it is you want a more specific solution can be presented.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Fri Aug 10 2007 - 14:51:54 CDT