Re: vowels in oracle

From: Malcolm Dew-Jones <yf110_at_vtn1.victoria.tc.ca>
Date: 10 Aug 2007 11:21:23 -0800

DA Morgan (damorgan_at_psoug.org) wrote:
: Frank van Bortel wrote:

: Well if you've got the right character set ... you've answered
: your own question. <g>

How many vowels in "Yes" ?
How many vowels in "Why" ?

Me thinks that the solution needs to ignore various real world complexities.

The unicode standard has details on vowels, so I would look there for which characters to count, taking the character set into account if necessary (and ignoring various real world complexities). Received on Fri Aug 10 2007 - 14:21:23 CDT