Newbie table backup question

From: Sashi <smalladi_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 06:49:50 -0700

Hi All,
Isn't it possible to backup an existing table using the following syntax?

create table mytable_backup
as
select * from mytable?

This isn't working on my 10g. mytable has like 40 columns and I don't want to go thru the effort of first running a create table and then use an "insert into select".

What is a self-respecting lazy developer to do?

Thanks,
Sashi Received on Fri Aug 10 2007 - 08:49:50 CDT