Re: strip HTML tags from fields?

From: the matt <matt_at_kettlewell.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2007 15:05:02 -0700

Further investigation shows that I do have Oracle Text installed, but I don't seem to be able to get it to do what I want.

I'm trying to take some HTML fields (varchar2) and strip out the HTML formatting. The Policy_Filter seems to want to use a Blob, but I don't have one to give it, so I've tried various variations of the code below.

DECLARE
    output_c clob;
    input_b blob;
BEGIN
    SELECT
       SARQUAN_QUESTION into input_b
    FROM
        SATURN.SPRIDEN,SATURN.SARQUAN
    WHERE spriden_id LIKE '%70%' AND spriden_pidm=sarquan_pidm;       CTX_DOC.POLICY_FILTER('test_policy', input_b, output_c, TRUE); END;
/

I'm new to Oracle, so go easy on me please :)

Thanks for your help

Matt Received on Thu Aug 09 2007 - 17:05:02 CDT