Oracle IAS java process forms 6i memory issue on AIX?

From: <peter.glover_at_dsl.pipex.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2007 07:35:03 -0700

Hi,

I'm trying to find anyone that can advise on an issue I've observered on one of my AIX servers BTW I'm a unix admin and not an Oracle guru ). The issue appears to be an Oracle process which is the parent of all the forms process f60runm when the total of the parent and the child processes reaching near 8GB it falls over and regenerates on a new process. I'm guessing that the process is unable to address memory over 8GB and so causes an illegal memory address and needs to restart.

I'm hoping this can be fixed by either a parameter or an OS change ( setting ) anyone have a similar issue or have any hints?

The process in question is detailed below and looking at svmon is running in 32bit mode

    root 10084478 9519266 2 13:05:49 - 12:00 /usr/java_dev2/ jre/sh/../bi
n/java -mx256M -Dorg.omg.CORBA.ORBClass=com.visigenic.vbroker.orb.ORB - Dorg.omg.
CORBA.ORBSingletonClass=com.visigenic.vbroker.orb.ORB org.apache.jserv.JServ -op
mpropfile /ias/Apache/Jserv/etc/jserv.properties -opmhost MTSLIVE - opmport 3339
-opmgrp group1 -opmindex 0 -opmprocid 15

The kernel is running in 64bit mode so no reason why this app couldn't address more memory. the -mx flag looks interesting ?

Any help is appreciated.

Regards

Peter Received on Wed Aug 08 2007 - 09:35:03 CDT