storing byte values

From: <pascal.dulleck_at_veda.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2007 05:39:12 -0700

Hello!
I've got a problem with byte values in Oracle (version 10g). I need to store a fixed number of bytes. Usually it's less then 10 kilobytes. I tried to use the data type RAW, but there is a limitation that only one column of this type may be created in a table. But I need more than one column per table. Then I tried to use BLOB, but BLOB fields can't be used in the primary key. As I need to migrate an existing database, I have no influence on the primary key. I need it, so that the unique constraint is correct.
I tried to use NCHAR columns as well, but some byte values seem to be unbound. The value I read from the database is not the same that I have written.

Does anybody have an idea for this?

Best regards
Pascal Received on Tue Aug 07 2007 - 07:39:12 CDT