routings and shop floor control

From: permela <pam_barth_at_irco.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2007 05:45:57 -0700

My company is just getting started with putting in Oracle. We have a big hurdle with our shop floor control and the routings. Our bill of materials do not reprsent how the case is built and our engineering department has refused to rework the bills. Our level ones are spread out over many assy lines and different areas on one line. We also have the problem of depending on the model the same module could be spread over 5 work stations or only 3. We also have add and delete kits that make it difficult, and we have our own sheet metal and paint dept, so the same part number could be 200 different colors, and could be used in multiple areas in our plant. But we need a way to consolidate that part so sheetmetal only sees the total requirements, our store room gets a ticket to pull by color, our paint dept needs to know what color, qty of that color and where to deliver the finished goods. We also require the need to call out the part number by serial number at the assy area along with the drawings and assy instructions. We are located in Missouri and if any one in the surrounding areas has this type of production we would love to come and spend a couple of days getting advice. Or if you can show us how it can be done without going outside the system. We are trying to only use Oracle. We have about 100 different work arounds and stand alone programs now and want to get away from that. Thanks very much for your time and help. Received on Wed Aug 01 2007 - 07:45:57 CDT