Re: Connection over 2000 miles

From: dean <deanbrown3d_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 00:41:18 -0000

On Jul 27, 9:27 pm, DA Morgan <damor..._at_psoug.org> wrote:
> dean wrote:
> >> If you are caching 100 to 10K records and have the delay you reported
> >> something is seriously wrong.
> >> --
> >> Daniel A. Morgan
> >> University of Washington
> >> damor..._at_x.washington.edu (replace x with u to respond)
> >> Puget Sound Oracle Users Groupwww.psoug.org-Hide quoted text -

> > Wouldn't that depend on how many tables and records are opened and/or
> > loaded into memory? I will take a look and try to guess how many there
> > are and post here, but I know its a fair amount of data.
>

> Not if you are caching a result set larger than what is being viewed by
> the end user. Your theoretical refresh time of 60ms is less than the
> time required to hit page-up/page-down.
> --
> Daniel A. Morgan
> University of Washington
> Puget Sound Oracle Users Groupwww.psoug.org- Hide quoted text -

Our datagrids are from TopGrid, and as yet I don't know of any way to say to it to load up only what is currently visible on the screen. With in-memory grids, that's simple of course, but not with this datagrid. I will check the groups though to see if there is an answer, though I think we have looked in the past.

Some speed testing tomorrow...

Thanks Daniel,

Dean Received on Mon Jul 30 2007 - 19:41:18 CDT