Re: introspecting stored procedure parameters?

From: <sybrandb_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 22:58:23 +0200

On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 19:22:30 GMT, Mark Harrison <mh_at_pixar.com> wrote:

>I need some python wrappers for some stored procedures and would
>like to generate these automatically by introspecting the database
>to get the names of procedures, functions, and their parameters.
>
>Any clues as which tables to look at, and any other hints
>are most appreciated.
>
>example python function, using the cx_Oracle package:
>
> def myproc(self,name,address,phone):
> r=self.cursor.callproc('myproc',[name,address,phone])
> return 0
>
>Many TIA!
>Mark

Usually the answer to many questions is version dependent, so not including a version is not very useful to get a response. Secondly, you need to be aware of the DICT view which contains a complete online description of all data dictionary views. This would result in ALL_ARGUMENTS to come up. You could also consider to use the dbms_describe package.

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA