PLS-00231: Function "calculate_1" may not be used in SQL

From: Florian Reiser <florian.reiser_at_ra-bc.de>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 11:30:04 +0200

Hello,

I try to create a packaged set returning function. When trying to compile the package header, I get the PLS-00231 error.

I've anonymized the source because of confidentiallity. The relevant source of the package header is as follows:

create or replace
PACKAGE test_1 AS

END test_1;

The function calculate_1 simply does some comparisons. If these match, then it returns value3, else 0.0

When I try to compile this package header, then Oracle gives my an error PLS-00231
It's not clear to me, why I cant use this function in the sql, since the database is not altered in it.
Do I have to use some pragma instructions?

OS: W2K
Oracle 10gR2

With kind regards

Florian Reiser