Re: OT: Anyone using google as their newsgroup reader?

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 17:55:40 -0700

On Jul 14, 9:28 pm, dean <deanbrow..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> Just wondering if anyone has the same long wait (maybe 10 seconds)
> between clicking on the GROUPS link in google, and it appearing?
> Happens at work and home for me. Surprises me since google is usually
> so fast at searches.

At times google does various strange things. I just tried it twice, first time it took 4 seconds, second was instantaneous.

I do believe google caches things in various ways ( http://tkyte.blogspot.com/2005/08/order-in-court.html#112369976387953596 ), which potentially leads to strange situations. You might just have gotten stuck in some bottleneck. Does it change if you sign out and sign back in?

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
http://www.ifilm.com/tag/warzone