NO DATA FOUND ERROR IN FUNCTION USING INTO? ORA-01403

From: jobs <jobs_at_webdos.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 10:04:15 -0700

I've got this simple select in my function

    select m.mcman_cdcli, into clientid

     from mcman m
     where m.mcman_cdani=v_ani;

when no rows are found, I get ORA-01403 No Data found.

Do I have to trap this? any way to just set to a default with NVL or something, Iv'e tried that and it did not work. Received on Fri Jul 13 2007 - 12:04:15 CDT