Re: SQL Loader - Alternative Option??

From: Volker Hetzer <firstname.lastname_at_ieee.org>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 13:37:00 +0200

fd96431_at_yahoo.com schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any other option of loading file into a database apart from
> SQL loader and tools like informatica?
>
> We have a set up with 2 boxes, with a limitation that one is an app
> server, other the database. And the requirement is we load the files
> from the app server box to the oracle db.
>
> One of the options is create insert scripts using unix shell scripting
> and load the file into the database using oracle instant client for
> 10g. Is there any other option???

Yes.
- Install the full client and use sql loader. (That's what I'd prefer.) - mount one of the database drives on the app server, put the file there and

   use external tables.
- mount one of the appserver drives on the database (in read only if you want)

   and use external tables.

Lots of Greetings!
Volker

--
For email replies, please substitute the obvious.