Re: Single-Sign-On to Oracle XE using ADS

From: <sybrandb_at_hccnet.nl>
Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2007 20:21:18 +0200

On Sat, 07 Jul 2007 14:11:00 +0200, pater_rick_at_gmx.de wrote:

>Hello all,
>
>with our to be developed .NET-App we want to use single sign on with
>an Oracle XE DB. We don't want to use OID, maybe only for passthrough,
>because there is an enterprise-wide MS Active Directory which is the
>master of all ;-)
>
>Has anybody experiences how could we accomplish a real single-sign-on
>with Oracle XE or tips or links to papers or anything which could
>help?
>
>The Oracle XE DB will run under Windows (2003/ XP).
>
>Thanx in advance,
>Patrick
>
>This message will be posted in
>comp.databases.oracle.server,comp.databases.oracle.misc,comp.databases.oracle.tools

OID doesn't need a database but can work with AD. An article outlining how to implement this step by step is on http://www.dizwell.com

In the future refrain from posting questions to all forums you can spell, as all forums are monitored by the same people, so you are only wasting bandwith and people's free time.

Thank you,

--

Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA