Re: How to solve trigger side effects

From: sybrandb <sybrandb_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2007 05:51:32 -0700

On 6 jul, 13:53, thalio..._at_graffiti.net wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> I've got 2 triggers. Each trigger belongs to a certain table.
>
> Now I've got following problem. One trigger does something which leads
> to execution of the other trigger. The reason is, that the one trigger
> changes data in that table having the other trigger. Now I want to
> deactivate the second trigger, if it was triggered by the first
> trigger. Is there a way to find out, who is the causer of a trigger.
>
> Or is there a way to find out, whether a certain table is just now
> updated? So I can deactivate the second trigger, if just now data are
> updated in the first table.
>
> Does anyone have an advice for me?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Norbert

One idea would be the first trigger would set a variable in a package, and the other trigger would read that variable. If the variable has a specific value then don't proceed. The package consists of a local variable, a function to get the contents, and a procedure to set it.

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA