[Changing the primary key]Sql proc

From: Oriane <oriane_at_guermantes.fr>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 15:36:46 +0200

Hi there,

I want to add an new column to my tables on a precise database. This column (an autoincrement index for instance) will be my primary key column. The old one will turn into a unique colum. Of course, there are foreign keys in the database...

Is there a "well-known" proc to make the change and migrate the database so as to keep the constraints, but to apply them to the new primary keys ?

Regards Received on Thu Jul 05 2007 - 08:36:46 CDT