Re: create view d.* becomes d."FIELD1", d."FIELD2"

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 06:26:25 -0700

Norbert Winkler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we've changed to 10i.
>
> Since that time the view creation has been changed.
>
> Assume a table
> Create Table xtab (
> field1 NUMBER,
> field2 VARCHAR2(15)
> )
> /
> and
>
> CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW v_xtab AS
> SELECT d.*
> FROM DEGR.XTAB d
> /
>
> Before 10i engineering-tools give me
>
> CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW v_xtab AS
> SELECT d.*
> FROM DEGR.XTAB d
> /
>
> or
>
> CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW v_xtab (
> field1,
> field2
> ) AS
> SELECT d.*
> FROM DEGR.XTAB d
> /
>
> now I get
>
> CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW v_xtab (
> field1,
> field2
> ) AS
> SELECT d."FIELD1",d."FIELD2"
> FROM DEGR.XTAB d
> /
>
> or
>
> CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW V_XTAB AS
> SELECT d."FIELD1",d."FIELD2"
> FROM DEGR.XTAB d
> /
>
> Because the engineering-tools makes it easy to create DDL-scripts for
> future use I w'd like to have the old state without the ?."????"-items.
>
> Is there a options setting to enforce the old state?

This is an object lesson for any of my students lurking here as to why I never allow you to use a GUI when taking my class. The use of tools is antithetical to primary education.

Norbert ... put away the tool and write your code in vi or notepad or WinEdit or some other editor.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington