Re: Storing Queries in Tables

From: Martin T. <bilbothebagginsbab5_at_freenet.de>
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2007 05:45:08 -0700

On Jul 4, 12:39 pm, HectorTYC <rufus_mi..._at_btinternet.com> wrote:
> (...)
> So my questions really are:
>
> - Are there any obvious and elegant solutions which would be
> relatively straightforward to migrate to that I could suggest to the
> developers?
>
> - What should I be expecting from the DBAs here? Obviously it's not
> their jobs to design the system but am I right to be disappointed that
> they have allowed this situation to continue for over 18 months (by
> all accounts) without offering more than an occasional explanation
> that "the character sets are larger on production"?
>
> We are running Oracle 9.2.0.7 on the production database.
>
> Many thanks

First thing I would do is migrate the development/test database(s) to the same character set as the production one. I do not quite understand why anyone would use a different one in the first place. We have a horrible test setup, but at least the test/dev database is configured the same way as production.

good luck!
- Martin Received on Wed Jul 04 2007 - 07:45:08 CDT