Query on composite partitione tables

From: citte <nicola.amerio_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2007 09:26:21 -0000

I'm "studying" how to use Oracle 9.2 partitioned tables (PT), and I'm not sure on how to use the composite (aka subpartitioned, i.e. rangelist)  PT type.
The question is: if I prepare a query based on only one field in which the partitioning method is based, let say range, does Oracle "optimize" the query using (one) partitioning criteria? Is it the same if I use the other criteria (let say listing)? Or do I have to use both fields/criteria, or even using the same hierarchy?
(I hope not)

Another question, using composite PT does have big performance issues on DML?

(I cannot try by myself on the db)

thanks,
citte Received on Wed Jul 04 2007 - 04:26:21 CDT