Help with Regular Expressions

From: Ashish <srivastava.ashish_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2007 01:22:32 -0000

Hi,

We have a comma separated text file, that we need to read in PL/SQL. Does anyone know of a quick and clean method to split the line into its components?

For example, for a line : 5/10/2007,,"Ronald M. Reed, Jr.", 211001,7204,-75.00
I should fetch 6 values:
5/10/2007
<NULL>
Ronald M. Reed, Jr
211001
7204
-75.00

I can use a combination of Substr and instr, but the problem comes when we have a ',' in the content of some field. How do we ignore that?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Ashish Received on Tue Jul 03 2007 - 20:22:32 CDT