Re: php/apache/oracle

From: Geoff Muldoon <geoff.muldoon_at_trap.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 09:09:29 +1000

Pauly says...

> > > As compared to Tomcat/Java/Oracle or IIS/C#/Oracle
> >
> > Horses for courses. We run both Tomcat/Java/Oracle and
> > Apache/PHP/AdoDB/Oracle and both have their pros and cons.
>
> Regarding performance how would you compare Tomcat /Java/Oracle and
> Apache/PHP/AdoDB/Oracle?

PHP generally uses a smaller memory footprint. The OCI connectors also appear to be somewhat better than the jdbc ones generally used by java. For simple processing (including some largish data sets) PHP does a very good job. If you want highly custom, big featured user interface and strong session control then java's extra power (particularly when using applets rather than jsp) becomes a winner.

GM Received on Tue Jul 03 2007 - 18:09:29 CDT