Re: 9i Client on VIsta

From: Nicolas Bronke <Nicolas_Bronke_at_web.de>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 00:40:25 +0200

>>I know, that MS Vista Business and Oracle 9i has a compatible problem,
>>but what would you suggest, if you have to compile packages for 10g and 9i
>>(same sources).
>>Using XP it was no problem to install both releases and you could use one
>>batch file doing it. But with Vista it look like that it is not possible.
>>Of cause I can have a machine for each Oracle Release (we still have to
>>support also 8.17) but is this the only way?
>
> Not an issue.
> First of all you can read Oracle's certification matrix, and bark at
> the Oracle tree, secondly your remark is irrelevant because after July
> 31, only 10g will be supported.

Yes I know, but it is not easy to explain customers of a stable application to replace the database release.

> That you actually claim to support 8i is your problem, not Oracle's.

This is not what I meant. I ask whether other have an idea to compile the same sourcecode on one machine using Vista. With XP I have a solution. Therefore if there is no other way, than I still have a second machine next to me (or better using it via remote)

Kind regards
Nicolas Received on Tue Jul 03 2007 - 17:40:25 CDT