Using FBI to enforce subsets of records to hold same values?

From: dean <deanbrown3d_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2007 15:13:41 -0000

9.2i, 10g, Windows, Linux.

Is there a way to say that for table T (fields F1, F2, F3), that for all distinct pairs F1, F2, the value of F3 must be the same? That is, if there are N rows all with the same values of F1 and F2, that they ALL hold the same value in F3? I appreciate the obvious way of doing this with another table and a FK with F1 and F2 and a unique 3rd column, but I'm not sure if there is a way to do this without the need for a second table.

Thanks for any help.

Dean Received on Mon Jul 02 2007 - 10:13:41 CDT