Need Scheduling Support for Databases?

From: carl <carlwkemp_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 15:07:07 -0700

Greetings All,

I'm working on a specification for an Enterprise-class Open Source batch scheduler, and I really would like some expert commentary from experienced database people. Please have a look at:

http://openjcs.sourceforge.net

and the specification to date at:

http://openjcs.sourceforge.net/doc/OpenJCS-arch.pdf

Frankly, I'm of two minds about it. Half of me thinks it's massive overkill, and the other half thinks I must be missing something really important. Let me know what you think. I really do want your honest opinion, good, bad or indifferent.

Also, it has been suggested that the specification might be useful if ported to Windows. For those of you who administer databases on both Windows and *nix, how useful would a tool like this be to you in your day-to-day operations? Do you think there is a big enough market to warrant cross-platform support?

Carl Received on Sat Jun 30 2007 - 17:07:07 CDT