Changing IP of Oracle web server.

From: <mccabec_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 14:30:42 -0700

Hope this is the right place. I'm a Windows and Unix sysadmin and as such I periodically have the need to change IPs. My Oracle people tell me that changing the IP of servers in our web tier (Solaris) is nigh on impossible because it requires a complete reinstall of the software on that box. That seems completely absurd to me, so I put it to you . . . how laborious and/or disruptive is it to change/add an IP on an Oracle web server?

If you have questions regarding versions and such, I'll get back to you.

Thanks,
Chaz Received on Fri Jun 29 2007 - 16:30:42 CDT