Re: using oracle client in C++ with Visual Studio 2005

From: Martin T. <bilbothebagginsbab5_at_freenet.de>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 04:56:13 -0700

On Jun 26, 6:07 pm, laurent <laurento..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jun 26, 11:42 am, sybrandb <sybra..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
> (snip)
>
> i have a complete client. i actually tried a few of them. Instant
> client and the one delivered with oracle XE both include a dll
> (OCI.dll) which depends on the wrong version of the miscrosoft
> runtime library, and cause random failures of my application, when an
> object allocated by the old runtime gets freed in the new runtime. My
> application builds and runs most of the time but random crashes are a
> show stopper.
>
> Laurent

Thats why you don't allocate memory in one module and deallocate it in another.
If the OCI.dll needs this, then it's a crappy interface. (Yes, I know, not very helpful here, sorry.)
Maybe you can come up with a workaround where the memory stuff is kept to each module.
You could post a few code snippets, maybe we find a path to the light :-)

cheers,
Martin Received on Wed Jun 27 2007 - 06:56:13 CDT