oracle 10g cryptography problem

From: Pouria <pourias_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 10:47:27 -0700

Hi,

I have a java stored procedure for oracle 10g (running jdk1.4) that uses the javax.crypto package and the bouncy castle provider for RSA decryption. Here is a snippet of the code in the procedure:

Security.addProvider(new
org.bouncycastle.jce.provider.BouncyCastleProvider());

Cipher rsaCipher = Cipher.getInstance("RSA"); RSAPrivateKey key = (RSAPrivateKey)
MSPrivKeytoJKey.getPrivateKey(aKey);
rsaCipher.init(Cipher.DECRYPT_MODE, key); rsaCipher.doFinal(encryptedByteArray);

This works fine on my own machine running jdk1.4. However, when I load my stored procedure into the database and run it, I get the following exception after the line

Cipher rsaCipher = Cipher.getInstance("RSA");

tries to execute:

java.security.NoSuchAlgorithmException: Cannot find any provider supporting RSA

I have tried the following (based on information gathered from various forums):

but i still get the same error.

I am reaching out desperately to all you experts for help :)

Pouria Received on Tue Jun 26 2007 - 12:47:27 CDT