SQL statements

From: colmkav <colmjkav_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 10:02:24 -0700

Can anyone explain why when I run the first statement in Oracle XE I get lots of records where sourceid = 3 and the riskdate is 18-JUN-07, however when I run the 2nd statement I get the result 0 returned? Surely I should get no records with a date of 18-jun-07 if the second statement returns 0?

select * from ta_sma where sourceid = 3 order by riskdate desc

select * from ta_sma where sourceid = 3 and riskdate = '18-jun-07' Received on Tue Jun 26 2007 - 12:02:24 CDT