Help with ORA-00600

From: RJ <ridwan.jeena_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 14:27:00 -0000

Hi All,

I am trying to update a set of data - example below:

PROG_TITLE	SERIES	NO_OF_EPI	PROG_TITLE2
seven delaan	             4	         20	                -
sevende laan	             1	         20	                -
seven de laan	             2	         20	                -
sevendelaan	             3	         20	                -

This data was captured incorrectly - the prog_title should be the same for all (Seven De Laan)
but theres many 'simmillar' variations that were captured, so i used the following update:

update progs set prog_title2 =
(select prog_title from progs t where soundex(t.prog_title) in

           (select soundex(prog_title) from progs where length(prog_title) =

                                                (select
max(length(prog_title)) from progs))
and length(prog_title) = (select max(length(prog_title)) from progs))

when I run the select part of the statement I get the result im looking for, but when i include the update part I get the following error:

ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [qctVCO:csform], [0], [0], [0], [0], [1], [1], [0]

I cant seem to find any simple way to resolve this, i tried Metalink to look up the error but cant register.

Im using Oracle Express on XP

any suggestions? Received on Tue Jun 26 2007 - 09:27:00 CDT