Re: RSA decryption in Oracle 9i

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_nospam.peasland.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 09:50:20 -0500

Pouria wrote:
> Hi Frank,
>
> Thanks for the reply. My understanding is that
> DBMS_OBFUSCATION_TOOLKIT supports DES encryption only (and not RSA).
> Am I correct in saying this? If so are you aware of any alternatives?
>
> Thanks,
> Pouria

It does support more than DES, but does not support RSA. Any reason why this is the encryption scheme that you must use? Personally, I could care less how the data is encrypted so long as it is secure. Triple DES should do that nicely.

The DBMS_CRYPTO package in Oracle 10g does offer more encryption options than what is previously available. You will need to upgrade though. Here is more information on DBMS_CRYPTO:

http://download-east.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/appdev.102/b14258/d_crypto.htm#i1005082

HTH,
Brian

Brian Peasland