RSA decryption in Oracle 9i

From: Pouria <pourias_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 14:45:34 -0700

Hi,

I have written a Java stored procedure (for Oracle 9i which I believe uses JDK 1.3) that uses javax.crypto for RSA decryption. Having loaded the jce_1_2_2.jar using loadjava as a resource, I can load my stored procedure into the database with no errors using loadjava. However when I try to run it, I get a java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError. I know that the lines in the stored procedure making use of javax.crypto are causing the problem as it runs fine without them.

So two questions:

  1. are there any other Java RSA decryption libraries that Oracle 9i likes?
  2. Does Oracle 9i have any built-in features for RSA decryption?

Thanks,
(a frustrated) Pouria Received on Fri Jun 22 2007 - 16:45:34 CDT