Spool in SQL*Plus without SQL statments

From: <jreinert13_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 11:53:50 -0700

I'm having the most fustrating problem right now.

I'm trying to spool output of a select statement to a csv file. Originally I had it spooling to a text file with my settings and it was fine.
In the midst of trying to accomidate a .csv file, I have lost ability to remove the sql statements from my output. Despite the fact I'm pretty sure the I put the same settings as before.

I thought set echo off accomplished this but now I'm just completely lost and fustrated (I don't even know what it does in SQP*Plus anymore..setting it on and off does nothing anymore). every search attempt I've made has been futile (which rarely happens...)

My code looks like this:

set linesize 1000
set heading on
set feedback off
set echo off
set trimspool off
set colsep ','
set termout off
set newpage none
spool C:\output.csv
select pet_priceid as Price, location
from pet_price
where pet_priceid > 897800;
spool off

My results look like this:

SQL> select petroleum_priceid as Price updateby   2 from petroleum_price
  3 where petroleum_priceid > 897800;

     PRICE
UPDATEBY

That above 'SQL> select...' prompt is what I can't for the life of me get rid of. The worst part, is initially this was an easy issue to solve.

ALSO,
If anyone can help me get rid of the '-----' below the table headings that would be great. This was my next task but obvously never got to it. Received on Fri Jun 22 2007 - 13:53:50 CDT