Re: logfile in sqlloader

From: <sybrandb_at_hccnet.nl>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 09:25:40 +0200

On Thu, 21 Jun 2007 23:56:02 -0700, colmkav <colmjkav_at_yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

>Sorry it should read the same file. I know that I can specify the log
>file by saying log=filename.
>
>However, it seems strange that the logfile is not created by default
>like it is when running from a bat file.
>
>Perhaps it is being created in some other folder but all the likely
>default folders I look in I dont see it.

Either your VB code is incorrect, or it is a VB problem. Sqlldr doesn't run 'by default' from VB but from a DOS box. And in a DOS box sqlldr *does* generate a log file! Apart from that, you failed to specify both database version and O/S version, so who can tell what is going on? Maybe it is a known problem, but as your post is incomplete and inaccurate (you are missing out a closing " in your VB command) you won't get any responses.

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA