Re: Advanced books wanted

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 11:24:00 -0700

Comments embedded.
On Jun 21, 12:36 pm, General Fear <richma..._at_earthlink.net> wrote:
> I am using 10g.
>
> I wanted to 3 types of books. If not books, then maybe a web page that
> shows the list below.
>
> 1.) Advanced SQL. I wanted something that goes beyond the typical
> "this is what a where clause is ". At my firm, SQL statements can get
> very complex even for the easiest reports. So I am interested in
> learning how to push the limits of SQL.

Joe Celko,"SQL for Smarties".

> 2.) Debug. Is there a source of information that shows how to go about
> debugging SQL code? Because of my background, I am not as fluent in
> SQL. So I am okay with my stuff, but, spotting what is wrong with
> someone elses SQL is a bit difficult for me at the moment.

Cary Millsap, "Optimizing Oracle Performance".

> 3.) How to optimize SQL code. I wanted a book or web page that shows
> how to make SQL and PL/SQL better. If some code is slow or has another
> problem I would like to be able to improve things.

See above. See also:

Jonathan Lewis, "Cost-Based Oracle Fundamentals" Steven Feuerstein, "PL/SQL Programming", Fourth Edition Thomas Kyte, "Expert Oracle Database Architecture"

> Thanking you in advance.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Thu Jun 21 2007 - 13:24:00 CDT