Re: How can a oracle table lock affect socket/thread handling of OS

From: monty <manishgandhi13_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 00:39:48 -0700

first of all my apologies for not explanning the problem properly. As I mentioned earlier also that the complete application is written in the C++ and the components which are called are interacting to the oracle tables to update the tables. Application is for AIX 5.3 OS and the oracle version is 10g.

and also i m not locking the table but i m disabling the locks by giving command:
ALTER TABLE <table_name> DISABLE LOCK

I am doing this to increase the degree of parallasim.

let me know if you require any other information. Anyways thanks for your respons. Received on Thu Jun 21 2007 - 02:39:48 CDT