How can a oracle table lock affect socket/thread handling of OS

From: monty <manishgandhi13_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 03:07:05 -0700

Hi All
This is very strange kind of problem which i am facing since last few days. I have got two server running say 1st and 2nd. 1st server sends request to the 2nd server to execute some component. so 2nd server take that request, creates a thread in which it call correspoding component after that does same thing for all the requests. Now 1st server is firing so many requests one after another.In this process,

      Here the complete application is written in the C++. And everything is working fine. But now i have disabled the oracle table level lock to increse the performance. now if 1st server is sending 50
request some(one or more;not fixed) requests are not read by 2nd server. and hence those requests are not processed.

       Here i am unable to find out how could a DB level change can effect the client server communication.

Somebody please help me....it's very critical...

Looking forward to get some responses.

Thanks Received on Wed Jun 20 2007 - 05:07:05 CDT