Re: Need to have Custom menu along with the Default menu in Oracle Form

From: Rob Zijlstra <robertjan.zijlstra_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 07:35:44 -0700

On Jun 13, 10:45 am, sybrandb <sybra..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jun 13, 10:32 am, umesh.agraw..._at_gmail.com wrote:
>
> > I am new to Oracle forms 6i.
> > I created my custom menu and generated the mmx file and then I
> > attached this menu to my form. The custom menu is appearing in the
> > form but the problem is that I lost the Default menu (with Query,
> > Execute, Delete, Add etc....).
> > How can I have both the Default menu items and the custom menu items
> > in my form?
>
> Forms 6i was desupported in the previous milennium.
> Please return from the Stone Age and stop using it.
>
> --
> Sybrand Bakker
> Senior Oracle DBA

I'm a developer in a company with about 1200 employees. Me and my college-developers are happily programming in Forms6i and Oracle db 10GR2 and the users are all happily using it without any problems. I will not tell the reasons why we are using forms 6i, but suffice it to say that there are some sound business reasons for it.

In any case there are more sides to a point as a statement as blunt as

'Forms 6i was desupported in the previous milennium. Please return from the Stone Age and stop using it'

It might be Sybrand, that we are not all as quick as you in condemning peoples questions. Personally, I would like it very much if you would filter out my questions. It would save you the trouble of reading / answering and me the trouble of reading this kind of sh*t-answers.

As for the original question:
I do not think it is possible, but maybe some other (maybe unsupported?) developer knows a solution.

Regards,

Rob Zijlstra Received on Wed Jun 13 2007 - 09:35:44 CDT