help needed with query

From: EdStevens <quetico_man_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 12:16:08 -0700

Oracle 10.2.0.2.0

I'm having a bit of trouble getting my head wrapped around this one.

create table test_tbl (mgr_id varchar2(5),

              acct_code varchar2(5),
              inv_num number
              inv_amt number);

Each mgr_id can have multiple acct_code. For each mgr_id, we need to see the sum
of all invoice amounts where acct_code like 'A%' and sum of all invoice amounts where acct_code like 'B%'

mgr_id act_code_A act_code_B

smith     123.45         234.56
jones     345.67          456.78
snuffy       0.00           901.23
bilbo     456.78               0.00

not all mgr_id will have both acct_code groups. Received on Tue Jun 12 2007 - 14:16:08 CDT