Re: not using foreign keys?

From: Robert Klemme <shortcutter_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2007 13:12:00 +0200

On 06.06.2007 11:30, sybrandb wrote:

> On Jun 6, 11:15 am, Robert Klemme <shortcut..._at_googlemail.com> wrote:

>>> Let's phrase it this way: If you, in a job interview, would admit to
>>> have been on a job where they didn't use foreign keys, I definitely
>>> wouldn't hire you.
>>> Other than that, I believe those not using foreign keys need to be
>>> summarily shot. It would make people like me less suffer from their
>>> incompetency.
>> :-) Sybrand, you are an idealist!
>>
>> Kind regards
>>
>> robert
>>
>> PS: don't get me wrong, I didn't say this is a bad thing.
>
> Almost true: I'm an idealist AND a perfectionist, and I can't stand
> the idiots that don't know how to do things RIGHT.

We should probably take this to alt.philosophy but... Isn't a perfectionist a special kind of idealist? Or is it the other way round?   Hm... I'll have to think that over.

Btw, I find people even more annoying who do not know how to do things right and /who do not care/. In this particular case it seems that SM (what a nice pair of initials, might be part of the explanation :-)) is not in the position to change things although he would like to. Please give him a break.

Kind regards

        robert Received on Wed Jun 06 2007 - 06:12:00 CDT