Re: oracle 10g installation - access not permitted?

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2007 15:00:23 -0700

On Jun 4, 11:51 am, sybra..._at_hccnet.nl wrote:
> On Mon, 04 Jun 2007 18:54:36 +0200, "Charles T. Smith"
>
> <cts.priv..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> >It would indeed be a bug if I have to reinstall after the installation
> >process told me that it completed successfully. I suggest *that* is
> >irrefutable and therefore makes your "ridiculous" exclaimation ... an
> >empty claim.
>
> I would recommend you stop trolling here, apologize and go away.
> Obviously you have a faulty install, because you are so 'smart'.
> Bite the bullet, and re-install, and don't come back here asking for
> help. In all the time you spent here trolling this forum and flaming
> and annyoing people here, you could have installed Oracle correctly at
> least 4 times.

Come on guys, metalink Note:363721.1 .

"Cause
'changePerm.sh' delivered with 10.2.0.2 patchset does not includes the latest list of directories which should get relaxed permission. Solution
For the following platforms, a modified script changePerm.sh is available under patch 5087548 and should be used instead of modifying the existing changePerm.sh .

AIX 5L
Solaris (64bit)
Linux ( x86-64)
IBM z/OS (OS/390)"

Charles Smith wrote:
>On Mon, 04 Jun 2007 20:30:46 +0200, Frank van Bortel wrote:
>> Top-posting is one way to shut me up....

>What is top-posting?

That is when you reply to a post starting above what you are replying to. For email, that may or may not make sense, but in this group, it is considered plain wrong. Either interleave your answer with your reply or scroll to the bottom (maybe you have an End key that works for your posting software).

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
OMG mysql LOL http://www.0x000000.com/?i=319