Re: oracle 10g installation - access not permitted?

From: Charles T. Smith <cts.private_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2007 17:46:14 +0200

On Mon, 04 Jun 2007 08:32:05 -0700, DA Morgan wrote:

> Charles T. Smith wrote:
>

>> The question is, which installation instructions?

> Impossible to tell now.
>
>> As I switched back and forth between the 4 different ones I downloaded
>> from the webpage

> There is only one ... the one at http://docs.oracle.com.
>
> What you have done is a recipe for disaster.
>
> Remove it and reinstall.

Thank you. You've already made it clear that you don't know. I can't complain that your suggestion of docs.oracle.com is next to worthless because I haven't paid you a cent.

Perhaps somebody on the net has had a similar experience, or can tell me that that patch that I ran into and mentioned here works like a charm.

Or perhaps not.

In any case, I can understand your frustration - here's somebody trying to get for free what you presumably get paid to do. I'm sorry. That's the internet. Received on Mon Jun 04 2007 - 10:46:14 CDT