Re: oracle 10g installation - access not permitted?

From: Charles T. Smith <cts.private_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 22:41:29 +0200

On Thu, 31 May 2007 20:40:41 +0200, Charles T. Smith wrote:

> On Thu, 31 May 2007 11:34:30 -0700, DA Morgan wrote:
>
>> Charles T. Smith wrote:

>>> Oh, but I'm not interested in using sqlplus via the browser, if that's
>>> what you mean. But then, I'm guessing.
>>>

>>> I guess I'll start at A ...
>>
>> Not what I meant.
>>
>> Starting over and carefully following the docs is the recipe for
>> success.
>

> Thank you.  I'll bear that in mind.

Here's one approach ...

http://www.orablogs.com/sergio/archives/oracle_database_10g/index.html

Change Groups and Permissions for Directories

Change the groups and permissions for the directories you just created by executing these commands:

# chown -R oracle:oinstall /Volumes/u01/app/oracle # chown -R oracle:oinstall /Volumes/u02/oradata

then:

# chmod -R 775 /Volumes/u01/app/oracle
# chmod -R 775 /Volumes/u02/oradata

Not exactly what I had in mind, though ... Received on Thu May 31 2007 - 15:41:29 CDT