Re: Java & Oracle REF CURSOR

From: HSA <hrushev_at_gmail.com>
Date: 30 May 2007 01:31:58 -0700

Hello, Sybrand!

Thank you for the reply.

> Fix the procedure, instead of adding extra kludges.
> Why can't you just
> a) return an empty cursor
> b) return an extra flag for this special situation
>
> In short: why do you screw the cursor?

Yes, of course I understand that it's possible to add the extra flag to procedure, but from the logic this flag will indicate that NULL cursor reference is returned and will duplicate an info which we have already.

All of these looks like "JDBC API defect" because in Oracle 10 it's a legal to return NULL cursor reference
but it's impossible to handle this situation in Java.

I just trying to ensure if such situation really isn't legal in JDBC.

Best regards,
  Sergey Hrushev. Received on Wed May 30 2007 - 03:31:58 CDT