Re: Check previous record for duplicate field and rename

From: Nickneem <nickneem_at_gmail.com>
Date: 25 May 2007 12:34:35 -0700

> You don't.
>
> Why do you feel a 'need' to display, in a view, data which is not
> consistent with that in the base tables? This is not merely some
> aggregate you're computing, you're wanting to alter, in appearance,
> base table data.
>
> I can't understand the purpose for this exercise.
>
> David Fitzjarrell- Hide quoted text -

David,

There's a 'receiving' credit management application which imports the data from the view.
The duplicate records are skipped during the import so I thought changing those in the view would solve the problem. Make's sense though a view which is a reflection of the actual data isn't the place to do so..
I guess I have to look at other solutions..

Kind regards,

Mike Received on Fri May 25 2007 - 14:34:35 CDT