Re: Myth of the database independent applications (Was: Are you using PL/SQL)

From: <zigzagdna_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 25 May 2007 10:33:38 -0700

On May 25, 1:23 pm, hasta..._at_hotmail.com wrote:
> On 25 mai, 00:43, zigzag..._at_yahoo.com wrote:
>
> > I have worked so many projects using [the three-tier]
> >architecture and performance has never been an issue.
>
> Zigzag,
>
> If you don't mind, and for better mutual understanding, would
> it be possible to have a (very rough) idea of some metrics
> for one of these systems ?
>
> I'm notably thinking of system purpose and :
>
> - size of stored data (in your prefered unit)
> - size of daily data growth
> - number of simultaneous users (peak would be most welcome)
> - average and guaranteed response time for user interface operations
> - number of transactions over your prefered time period.
> (peak would be most welcome)
>
> Really interested. Thanks much.
>
> --- Raoul

Performance is very complex subject with so many variables, In many of our projets there were a few people assigned to do performance measueremts on frequenetly used transactions by users and batch processes.
Our database were up to 100GB large. 95% of our queries were indexed based. Systems are used by up to 100 concurrent users Hope it helps. Received on Fri May 25 2007 - 12:33:38 CDT