Do I ALWAYS have to setup an ODBC entry when accessing Oracle from a program ?

From: pete sinner <p.sinner_at_lycos.co.uk>
Date: 25 May 2007 16:41:04 GMT

I would like to access/connect from a (CSharp) program to a running Oracle database. For that I have to specify a connectionstring with a DataSource as parameter.

Do I have to pass an existing ODBC System DSN name or is it possible to pass the database name (here "XE") directly without declaration of an ODBC Data Source?

pete Received on Fri May 25 2007 - 11:41:04 CDT