Re: Do you use PL/SQL

From: <hasta_l3_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 24 May 2007 22:51:04 -0700

On 25 mai, 05:02, "Ana C. Dent" <anaced..._at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> hasta..._at_hotmail.com wrote in news:1180028338.870069.177290
> @w5g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:
>
> > Getting your point a bit late...
>
> > 1. I would hold that oracle does not actuallyuseWindows
> > to it fullest (notably in the user interface area)
>
> EXCUSE ME!
> Almost without exception users are NOT allowed to log onto the database
> serever system.
> Some/many/most Oracle DBA's don't need no stinkin' GUI interface.
> NONE of my database servers have a MONITOR attached to them.
> Please explain in detail the benefit of having Oracle access to the
> Windoze user interface.

Well, Ana, I find that I achieve many - but by no mean all - tasks faster with DbArtisan or Sql Developer than with SQL*Plus.

I believe that I am not alone, for Toad or PL/SQL Developer are not unheard of in this group.

But certainly people and contexts do differ, and what is effective for me may not be for you