Re: Do you use PL/SQL

From: www.douglassdavis.com <douglass_davis_at_earthlink.net>
Date: 24 May 2007 12:11:00 -0700

On May 24, 12:49 pm, DA Morgan <damor..._at_psoug.org> wrote:
> www.douglassdavis.comwrote:
> > but, you are judging me based on your own abilities.
>
> I think you are being judged one the basis that every one of us,
> at some time, has suffered slow-death by PowerPoint from someone
> who truly didn't know the subject but figured they knew enough to
> teach it.
>
> What we hope to do is to either help you realize how skewed your
> perceptions and thus learn what you need to teach it properly or
> to find someone to co-teach and thus give your students the
> opportunity to learn the subject matter beyond just rote
> memorization of syntax.
>
> Our judgment of your based only upon what you've posted here
> so we may be underestimating your knowledge. But if that is the
> case ... consider that your students will see the same "you."

the message I was replying to specifically was more along the lines of "i thought i could do it, i couldn't do it, so you probably can't either." some people are focused on me learning what i need to teach, but some are focused on telling me it's impossible to do so just quit.

again, i totally understand what you are saying, and i respect the experiences of all of the people here. that's the reason why i didn't just go out and read a book and call it a day. learning what I need to learn is the entire purpose of "research" and "getting prepared" which I am currently in the process of doing. Received on Thu May 24 2007 - 14:11:00 CDT